Saturday, December 29, 2007

Adieus gringo - II

The ritual which started last year continues this year too, and like old times I am all ready to look back on the year gone by and strap in myself for the year ahead, which would be much different then experienced by me so far. What am I talking about, read on.

The friends who were engaged, got married, the ones who were married increased their family size by one or maybe in the process, our office team shed in some few members and got a few members in exchange. The ones who left would surely be grazing in greener pastures and the ones who are joining in now, think this is as green it can get, a perspective thing isnt it!

"Two men look out through the same bars; One sees the mud and one the stars." - Fredrick Langbridge

Surely the difference is not that stark but it sums the perspective succinctly. Where we stand now tells a lot about our reach of the horizon and what we are able to see. And I guess with each passing day we are able to recognise the oddities of life much clearer and our wants increase our already bulky list by a few more points.

So if I were to sum the year in one breath it goes like this a close friend K who got engaged, got married and also got a baby (fast processing ;) ), another friend S got engaged and would get married next year, one of the friend A who had initiated a venture is going strong though with mild hiccups but he is gulping enough water :) and stands steady, mid-year was sent to Germany for a company trip and visited Rome and Switzerland as a side tour, where also got to mingle more closely with another friend there and other Indian families who hold hands in a far off land. Finished three years in office and got a memento. Though would confess have left blogging from a regular ritual to a side affair, will that change time will tell.



While some of you who were reading my blogs regularly found out that I was getting married an year back, but thats what I myself thought ;) but it turned out to be a hoax call, and the movie story took in a different d-tour from there on, but the stars it seems have realigned themselves for that fortune moment, and it seems real enough now. The dates have been decided and all seem to be in place, and as I said life would be different from now on.

Spending your life with a stranger for another sixty years, yiikees, makes my hair stand, but then I wont be the first one to experience neither the last. But as each person, and his/her experience is unique I guess it would be "Different". Many a times I have thought about this institution and ended with two logical answers of man's desire to procreate and his/her want to share in his life with another being after all we are termed in as a social lot and this is as social as it gets. Ofcourse friends and family included, but this is different I guess, its the step wherein the circle repeats itself into a new line for a different ending struggling for its own space to evolve and touching in a few more circles in the process.

Thats life I guess & maybe not pondering on it more of where its heading I guess I should be running out, there's much to be done and many a lists to be made. I wish you all a Hapy New Year and great life ahead.

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi shadab......good one!!!!!!!! you r a really a creative and good writer.

Sunday, December 30, 2007 1:44:00 PM  
Blogger Viewer said...

Do i hear the wedding bells?? Congratualtions!! I can understand the undigestable arranged marriage funda, but trust me its going to be better than a love marriage. Atleast some of my friends who have had the arranged marriage laddoo seems to say so.

So wishing u a happily ever after married life along with the a new year filled with peace and prosperity.

Monday, December 31, 2007 1:21:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm.. looks like someone's 2007 was good at last..(December of course...) well as the D day arrives get set for the indelible task that you are going to do..thats your wedding day.. well.. i do pray and wish that the next thirty years ahead of u be as charismatic, flawless, and interesting as your language is.. Last but not the least.. Shaadi ke laddo khane ke liye tayyaar ho jao..

Tuesday, January 01, 2008 7:14:00 PM  
Blogger Rebus said...

@Sanjeev: Thanx

@Viewer: Ofcourse that jingle in your ear is nothign but that ;)
Thnx

@Sadia: Thirty is just midway its sixty; and I am all ready

Wednesday, January 02, 2008 8:39:00 AM  
Blogger EYE said...

hey,
congrats i think you were able to blog better on it than I did. All the best for your future and ALWAYS remember marriage is a journey not a destination - from the wise one.Happy New Year

Friday, January 04, 2008 12:23:00 PM  
Blogger Rebus said...

@Eye: Thnx :)
A journey I surely am looking forward to.

Friday, January 04, 2008 2:13:00 PM  
Blogger Sangeeta Ananth said...

Hey Rebus, Congratulations and a very Happy New Year. Yep I was a bit busy with the 'chages' and a trip to Manali. :)
-Sangeeta

Sunday, January 06, 2008 10:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home