Monday, December 25, 2006

Adieus gringo

Thats to the year gone by, like friends we had a good time, shared a laugh dabbed in the tissues, blushed, snared, glared. Still our year isn’t posthumous yet so I haven’t bought the wreath to place for its remembrance but we are already ready to party hard, I don’t know for the year gone by or to usher in the new one ahead, what it brings no one knows!

Join me as I take a stroll through my memory lane. Ofcourse if you are reading this you yourself would have a few miles to travel with this old friend.

The year started with a wedding of a close friend R and till now this guy has already made ten honeymoons at the recent count, and as I write he is enjoying the Shimla cold hand in hand with his other half, another friend A was blessed with a lovely son whom they named Aryan, I forgot to ask, whether the bollywood breeze had any hand in the christening, but anyways the dad and mom are thoroughly enjoying the new surprises and squirts everyday ;). Also the same A got a major funding to upstart his new business a few among those who braced out of the comfort of regular job and thought to do something on their own; now only time will tell; sometimes I sure think how much hand does chance and choice have in our own lives, and when I am speaking of the devils then I sure throw in my favorite quotes "Destiny is not a matter of chance but a matter of choice", while the other one states that "fate leads the willing but drags along the unwilling". Aint those two a contradiction, if you ask me I simply would say, throw in everything you got and when destiny does come your way you are ready from your own side; its a two side affair neither alone does any good; but there are some souls who will recount it differently.



Thats my very own collage 2006, a mish mash of moments in time which made this year through; of/with people who really mattered. Hmmmph, what else, I got a promotion and a hefty raise, another friend K who was also slogging in the search finally found his match and last night he was all chirpy while talking with his soul mate and it felt good thinking when I be in his shoes. Anyways, the list doesn’t stop there another friend A also got engaged, so its two cheers on this front.

Three sixty five days that’s a lot of twenty four hours for things to happen and the list is though not endless now I realise how many lives have changed, around three years back I got my I-20 for MS in US, but my luck or what; the day before I was to give TOEFL I witness 9/11 in my hotel room the irony being we had unknowingly rented a room with a TV in it, not knowing we would witness an earth shattering event whose effects still vibrate all over the world. Why did I actually bring this topic in because during this admission procedure a befriended S who applied for Phd in Europe and now heads back to India after its successful completion to decide what else lies her way.

Ofcourse why should I forget why am I here in the first place; because of another friend whose blog I read and since then its been on on and on writting commenting as I become part of their life as so they share in mine in this virtual world of today; their real life. While my life/wife search goes on as usual all I can say is I have grown a bit more wise as what not to expect. The rest what can I say, heres to LIFE, the year gone by and to everybody out there have a lovely New Year ahead. Amen.

Tech Notes: In case you blog heavily on some subjects or for that matter a share in your opinions on some issues and need a wider angle or view, get registered to technorati; it’s the google of blogosphere.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Madhooo said...

Your TOEFL story reminded me of mine. Even I gave the exam at 9/11 time and got my I-20. But destiny had something else in store for me.:)

That was a nice recap of the fading year.:) Hope the coming year will give you concrete results in yoursearch for life/wife.:)

Wednesday, December 27, 2006 3:40:00 PM  
Blogger Artnavy said...

That was a good way to wrap up the year especially the collage

I also like the spirit behind the previous post

have a great year in 2007- hope u find your dreamgirl as well

Thursday, December 28, 2006 9:41:00 AM  
Blogger By Deepa and Supriya said...

Rebus,
Friends are such a big part of life right? even when we want to recollect the happenings in our own life - we cannot ignore what happened to them.
Congrats on your raise and promotion, good luck with your wife-hunting (if I may call it that) and good luck for everythign that 2007 may bring and thanks for reading what I have to say :)
Cheers!

Thursday, December 28, 2006 9:15:00 PM  
Blogger Rebus said...

@Madhubala: Somehow its my experience; whatever destiny has human beings have too less a life to know; whether what it turned was right or wrong; but it always turns right.
Thanks for the wishes.

@Artnavy: Memories is what we are made of, Lets see 2007.


@Orchid: Ys they are their life nad our is intervowen; and Yep; its a wife hunt; traversing through various city jungles; for the right person; right time and right place; I wont call it a kill; never; but my biggest award in life I can hope for.
Thanks for reading mine.

Saturday, December 30, 2006 9:30:00 AM  
Blogger Viewer said...

Hey rebus ... Happy New Year Dude :) Hope this is yr brings a lot of luck happiness and peace for u :) Take Care and have fun

Saturday, December 30, 2006 4:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home