Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Fate, me and us!

One of my acquaintances "T", flew back few days ago and as she would be returning this friday to start her Phd. studies, thought to have that last hi/bye before she scoots a vamoose.

We talked about this and that and I briefed about my life in general and things passing in-out which basically revolves around my job life which is taking care of my weekdays, my empty stomach and last not least other material pursuits now and then which I like to spend time with during weekends, the talk started with the info that I was flying back to Delhi again during the festivity holidays. Amongst the other things in my agenda is ofcourse bumping into my would-be wife through the institution called as arranged marriage and it’s almost been more than a year since I have it by its horn or the other way round.

I guess those of you following my blogs regularly, know that somehow I have not yet able to gulp this strong medicine. We thus talked about many things, mainly being how I have met so many people who have fallen (err. risen) in love, that it almost feels dreamlike and how through the ages I had come to believe in that elusive soul mate funda which seems more faint than ever before. During the conversation I happen to realise the wheel of life in general, it so happens that out there, are people who always believe they will find a soul mate and finally had and then they proudly give credence to the faith thing so easily as if it was meant to be and then there are people who although believed it as much but got housed with the wrong person and have now come to believe what would be, will be. And so there are always two school of thoughts "Destiny is not a matter of chance, but a matter of choice" while the other being "Fate leads the willing but drags along the unwilling". And based on our experiences and how life meandered we tilt to one.

I guess that’s how hope shatters, faith is lost, people become an atheist from a believer; while others live happily ever after courtesy the Fate airlines (shipping illusion to 233 destinations daily) hehe. I wonder where fate starts and faith ends. It could very well be the right time right place thing, or you can simply call it life. So God does play dice with the universe!

I guess we all have a certain amount of spark which helps us get through the highs and lows, and keep us going no matter what. But sometimes some wrong turn comes and we are rubbed so far which make us forsake that or those we believe in or sometimes ourselves; which is the worst kind. As "T" during my conversation remarked it’s not how the story starts or things in-between but how it ends that really matters, so I have my fingers crossed. Maybe I will hold on to that spark a few more moments longer or maybe forever. So that a year later when "T" visits back I would be happily acquainting her to my wife.

In all this tussle of faith and fate I still say our civilizations owes it to faith alone; because at the end Fate comes and goes; faith is your own.

Hmmmmph; too much serious talk; I guess I have to enjoi the food, the company of friends I missed, my new nephew just born and ofcourse the Delhi air and crowd.

Adieus; untill more...

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with your destiny! :)

Friday, October 27, 2006 12:18:00 PM  
Blogger Sangeeta Ananth said...

Nice post :) And congrats on becomming an uncle.

Friday, October 27, 2006 4:44:00 PM  
Blogger A said...

Nephew? Whew ! See, I told u I didnt know u enough. Anyways, Congrats. You write so well, juggling words, like a 'glib' talker ! I am impressed. Trust me, Fate and faith both would lead you to the right person soon....

Wednesday, November 15, 2006 11:12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home