Sunday, July 09, 2006

My Todo List

Pooooh, returning back after a long time, office work had taken its toll. Though wasn’t hitting home at 11 pm, but still wasn’t getting time for other chores, my violin and my books almost seemed orphaned, so this weekend apart from re-adoption I thought to double check on my list. What list!! The one, many of us maintain before we hit the dirt or should I say meet our creator. Till now the list wasn’t official; it just existed in my head; getting reminded on and off. So I thought to put it on records. Here goes...

1. Learn a language, that’s a common one; although working in a German company I started with French; its something like our very own bengla almost sugar to the ear; but (now don’t laugh) my real inspiration came when watching matrix one of the characters said “I have sampled every language, French is my favorite. Fantastic language. Especially to curse with. Nom de dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperie de connard d'enculé de ta mère. It's like wiping your arse with silk. I love it.”. So I had to learn or atleast try! (Try b'cause with so many exceptions I couldnt keep up with it).
2. Try mimicking a fish, I mean learn swimming so atleast I don’t die in a well.
3. Go to a serene mountain side the ones you see on posters with a crystal lake and large meadow; and just sit there silently for hours with my soul mate; talking of which I haven’t got married yet and if you see my previous blogs life’s been playing some tantrums in that department.
4. Buy a nice home with a large library and a garden, and grow a coconut tree in the centre; that was before I came to Bangalore; now I will suffice with a few bamboos instead.
5. When I hit fifties; buy one of those old rocking chair lay it thud in the middle of my drawing room and listen to my favorite collection while a yellow labrador pants next to me. But as of now I can’t even think of a dog; too much maintenance; and that house is still on the list.
6. Learn to be a cook, atleast be able to try all those fancy recipes with the satisfaction that they were through my own hands.
7. Learn a musical instrument and I already chose Violin; its been six months now and a long way to go.

I guess I suffice with this now; maybe in a few years when I grow more wise; the list would increase, but as of now; let me spend some time on thinking how to go about each one.

Scribbled your one yet!!

PS: guess what, it could be just be another coincidence, for those matri sites I again came out to be the thousandth customer and they gifted me out a blender.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Madhooo said...

That is a nice wishlist. Yes, going to that serene place is on my wishlist too. And if everything works out, then that may come true within next 2 months.:))

Monday, July 10, 2006 11:10:00 AM  
Blogger Viewer said...

Aaabrakadaabra...... May ur wish come true! :)

Yours truly
Fairy Godmother

Thursday, July 13, 2006 9:36:00 PM  
Blogger Nabeel said...

how do u learn the language? i.e. what do u use .. i heard that rosetta stone is very nice (application/software) to learn new languages..

Sunday, August 06, 2006 10:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home