Sunday, August 20, 2006

Connecting

Ever wondered “Why blog?”, well; to answer that one I have to start with WHAT a blog is in the first place. So instead of scourging the internet for the answer of that one I came up with my own definition. I guess it’s a hybrid between a personal diary and public self-expression. A way to connect with like minded individuals who vibrate on your frequency, “that”, when you pluck a chord they tingle exactly like you; with an “Ahhhhh” moment “but, that’s exactly what I think”.

Maybe we are those few mortals who digested all the Enid Blyton’s before heading to eight grade and have so much to tell and so much to splurge out we don’t know to whom or how; and this is where we unburden our souls. Few days back when discussing the same with Elsa (aka Jhansi ki Rani) who I met in delhi; she mentioned that all good readers are eventual writers in the making to which I slightly differ, just like not every genius is a good teacher; but we both concur at one point that writing is an inborn gift. Blogging is also about sharing our experiences and waiting for a reciprocation of another who wore their shoes, maybe have a view point and tilt the same mirror to reflect a different image of the same. It’s about connecting.

I guess at the end we are social animals and in the chain of evolution maybe this is the next step. And as one blogger succinctly sums it ip. Blogito ergo sum.


Daily hum drumm --------

So I went and came back single, while its marks a year of what I have been doing and people/friends tend to ask me often what is that I am searching which brings me to the line I just wrote “It’s about connecting”. A friend in similar quandary shirked the whole explanation until yesterday when he felt a queer exciting feeling talking to another individual for the same, and I retorted back “that’s what I meant”. It cannot be explained its about experiencing.

If any of you remember “Notting Hill”, in which Hugh Grant’s friends are trying to find a date for him and after each one gets his opinion, in one he finally remarks "She’s perfect, but theirs is no chemistry".

Aren’t we all here for the same, social interactions, blogging, befriending we seek a common understanding a unique yet similar way of looking at life itself. A connection!!

NB: Oh, in case you missed, new blogging features introduced; gives you more control on customization and categorization, details here. Catch is you need a gmail account to sign in.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess you are right.. Mostly my blog becomes my venting machine :)

Monday, August 21, 2006 11:14:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:) where do I reach you then?

Thursday, August 24, 2006 10:58:00 PM  
Blogger walk don't run said...

I agree with Jhansi ki rani. All good readers are writers in the making. Look around, most young boys and girls are writing and communicating with so much ease, something that did not exist even a decade back. but back then, we did not even have the means, like good libraries et al. (especially in small towns like the one i grew up in).
And yes, not all geniuses are good teachers. But nevertheless, they always have an insight, a perspective not seen by others. Much like writers.

Friday, August 25, 2006 12:23:00 PM  
Blogger Sangeeta Ananth said...

Nice posts!

I agree with you...example is this blog-she does not read at all but writes pretty well
http://gr0undzer0.blogspot.com/

Also, I think blogs are more about exchanging ideas, thoughts, finding people of your level to agree-disagree. Ultimately-an interesting and fun pastime. :)

Friday, August 25, 2006 2:20:00 PM  
Blogger Rebus said...

@Mother Hen: They communicate but by writting I meant more like an art something you can enjoi, a painter without his canvass and tools is no artist at all, and the books you read is only a channel to augment that "what" was already there.
@Sangeeta: Thanks for the support vote :)

On a side note reminds me a quote I read in "Monk who sold his Ferrari"
It's not what you will get out of the books that is so enriching, it is what the book will get out of you that will ultimately change your life.

Friday, August 25, 2006 2:34:00 PM  
Blogger By Deepa and Supriya said...

rebus,
Well for me it is a place to get away from the everyday madness of dealing with the two men in my life one who is chronologically a toddler(my 3 yr old son) and the other who wishes to eternally remain a 3 yr old(my hubby). Yeah, maybe i write when I am lonely and feel the need to talk to someone but most of the times it is because I have an opinion on just about everything and I need to talk to myself...anyway I am making a few friends in the process and that is the bonus!

Friday, September 29, 2006 11:01:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Rebus, I agree when you say that everyone is looking for a connection and I personally liked your definition of blogging. It is very individualistic and different. Blogging is all about expressing opinions in a space where there are no inhibitions. Meanwhile if you connect with some person, it is a double bonus. Good work. Keep it up and as you said: Blogito Ergo Sum :-D

But again, as an afterthought, aren't blogs just a way to get attention? When are blogs used to start a movement or to change the world? They are just a means of saying "Look at me - I exist." I feel only those people take virtual support who are unable to find a vent in real life. Maybe here you are looking for a connect with someone... I ask you a simple question; "Will you still blog when you find that special someone?"

Sunday, November 26, 2006 3:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home