Sunday, August 27, 2006

15 sec of fame, cooking, woman

This weekend was a tad different from my other weekends when I simply sit at home, clear all the washing stuff, laze around the house, play some violin and finally doze off reading a book. One of my office colleague "T" is getting married in a few months and as little birds gathering straws for their new nest, he also in the scrummage rented a new house. T and another colleague C were invited to visit and enjoi some cooking while we banter along. Being a bachelor, his home was a bit ruffled up with things lying around here and there. Never mind. We started with cutting and peeling and joked about how after a few more months this would be taken over by his wife and would look much more organised, while C congratulated T on being a husband cook many wife's would love to have :). Finally we made our chicken and for of our vegetarian C tomato purree mish-mash. Being on the same cross roads (but searching-not-there-yet zone), T recommended me some money saving options and other things that I may need to care for before putting my foot in, and then we scribbled about our office boss, life in general and the girls in office who would be off-limits for our so called "to-be-soon" married friend (at-least in theory).

This was the first time in life when I actually cleaned raw chicken though I have been eating it for the past twenty eight years, but being the single son and living at home ,never felt the need to practise or try my hand. Here in Bangalore also I ate mostly at office mess or got the tiffin facility delivered at my doorstep. But I like cooking (many will frown a brow at that). Its just that life didn’t allow me a hand, this saturday I really felt like experimenting and it felt nice, but then didn’t wanted to ruin our only source of food ;). Maybe I will learn it from my wife directly, but being her only husband will she allow me :D hehehe.

Before leaving T asked if anything was missing I just remarked it needs to be more organised, to which he replied he has left it for now, although no mater how good the things are stacked "its only a women who can make the home complete"; and ofcourse I second him without doubts. Hats off to those lovely ladies as mom, sister and wife.

Returning back I headed to a mall which advertised some mega sales, so thought of the long pending shirt shopping I was planning for some time, but reaching there I found the whole city junta buzzing around like bees next to an unkept stall. All good spoils had gone and I returned back empty handed. Before exiting the mall, I saw a crowd frantically hovering around a circle with blaring music. And I also whizzed in, to see some college boys and couples huddled in to dance out a few steps on the bollywood music in the background and the comparer trying in to mesh in a few more people to get them their very own fifteen seconds of attention or was to shower a few moments of happiness in this artificial surrounding she and her company had so diligently orchestrated. While some young lads held their flashy mobile cameras filming that out, others eyed along the best chic around.

And I standing there wondered; "Happiness" is such an elusive quantity, people go whole length and yards to get it, other rake it on the sides while still others cash in while others pretend to have a good time, but even if it was for that fifteen minutes; atleast they forgot everything around; and enjoyed.

Right now -----

I just finished reading Jug Suraiya article in TOI his tickles style of writting has been my source of inspiration from long; thanks Juggy.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Sangeeta Ananth said...

Hmm...eventful weekend I must say. And thanks for that line on women! Feels good to know that there r men who think women are not just doormats!

Monday, August 28, 2006 10:24:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you play violin! wow!! :)

Monday, August 28, 2006 10:46:00 AM  
Blogger Rebus said...

@moony: Silly me, I should have wrote "practise some violin", I guess there is some difference ;)

Tuesday, August 29, 2006 10:25:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home