Saturday, July 15, 2006

Rain rain go away

"... come again another day"; I guess the poet would have been sitting in Bangalore when he wrote this one and in the same predicament which gave him the motivation to carve this one out. Being a typical bachelor's weekend I washed in two dozen clothes just ready to be put on line which took me another fifteen minutes by the clock. And ten minutes later a drizzle, fearing the worst I retracted every single one, to my amazement that it stopped. So waiting for half an hour and gazing up the empty sky I took my chances again for my fifteen minute run.

Tip tip thud and what we have is a full blown downpour another half an hour later. And the poem was all I could think of two hours later; and I am still waiting...



Rain, rain, go away,
Come again another day.
Rain, rain, go away.
Come again some other day.
Little Johnny wants to play,
In the meadow by the hay.
Rain, rain, go to Czechoslovakia,
Never show your face again.
Rain, rain, pour down,
But not a drop on our town.
Rain on the green grass,
and rain on the tree,
And rain on the housetop,
but not on me.
Rain, rain, go away,
Come again on washing day. (now tha's unfair)
Rain, rain, go to Germany,
And remain there permanently.
Rain, rain, go away,
Come on Martha's wedding day.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Madhooo said...

Hahahahaha...I am seriously asking the education department to include this version of the rain poem in the text books.:)))))

Monday, July 17, 2006 12:29:00 PM  
Blogger Viewer said...

I wish it rained in mumbai too .... its just a dirzzile here and a drizzle there ... shud b a heavy pour here that wud be fun.. by the way the new incarnation of the nurserry rhymne is super cool :)

Monday, July 17, 2006 6:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home