Monday, June 12, 2006

Finding meself a wife!!

It would be a shame if you call yourself a English movie connoisseur and haven’t heared the song “matchmaker matchmaker” from the movie Fiddler on the Roof. It was my friend Kerri who during a chat session about my marriage prospects hinted on its near ascendancy and appropriateness to the situation. But that’s been four years now, while the actual search just started a year back. After moving to Bangalore and not bumping in to the right gal my parents hinted on my passing age, which coincidentally has been also pointed out by few white hairs masquerading up my scalp.

I had hoped that coming to a new city, gods would inadvertently mix up some few blessing and send in a dame, but nope that didn’t happen; neither I was that brave soul who could muster up myself to reach on the other side of the chasm. So it all came down to the arranged marriage funda. I don’t know how many would have already faced it or heard a close one to tell the tale, but believe me it’s no easy train.

Having posted in on the matri websites and newspaper a few number of times, my family members seem to have made a good rapport with these ad people. Just recently they gifted us a kettle, for being a devout customer. “What the hell“, here’s a guy who is awaits every bio data as his prospective future wife and here are people handing out gifts as part of customer loyalty programs, I wonder what do they gift us if I keep printing ads for say another century!! My irrevocable bachelors certificate; that’s for sure.

While my parents out of desperation and urgency seem to hinting me of news readers on channels they happen to see the other day. But what to do, you know what they say (I mean the people) “it happens, when it should happen”. So just wait and watch; who knows I may very well marry the girl on the ad counter of a matri website. At least my folks back home would be the last ones to be surprised, as for you, I already hinted!!

3 Comments:

Blogger EYE said...

yes wait and watch! u never know. And don't think the shaadi sites are bad. They are actually pretty useful

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 7:14:00 PM  
Blogger Madhooo said...

All the best! I am sure you will find that special someone soon.:))

Monday, June 19, 2006 4:19:00 PM  
Blogger Viewer said...

I wish u luck in the Ms Pefect (Life partner) search :))

Friday, June 23, 2006 11:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home